Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My first blister!

(I just realized the date on my camera was messed up... this photo was taken today 12/28/2010)
Ok for those of us running newbie’s who haven’t ran any half or full marathons, we hear the horror stories from our friends about black or missing toenails, blisters, cramps etc… I recently had a conversation with my friend (the one who forgot her shoes yesterday) about some $10 socks she was buying. I couldn’t imagine paying that for a pair of socks and then only having 1 pair! She said that when she ran in the Chicago marathon that she learned a lesson about not having the right socks… I believed her but said that I would probably hold off on the fancy running socks until I felt they were needed. So here I sit with my first blister. I don’t think I necessarily need $10 socks just because I have a blister, so for me the jury is still out.
Today my daughter (12 yrs old) and I went to the gym to hit the treadmills as we are still off work/school. Let’s just say it wasn’t her idea of a fun mid-day activity after her soccer practice the night before. As I started my treadmill up I could tell it was going to be a rough day. My left calf is completely cramping up. So I did a kind of walk-run thing today that put miles in my log and a little speed under my belt but it didn’t feel like I accomplished any great running. I guess for me the accomplishment was that I went at all, for me it has been all too easy to make excuses.

Split
Hour:Minute:Second Time
Miles Distance
Minutes per Mile Avg Pace
Summary
00:42:55
3.31
12:57
1
00:14:15
1.00
14:13
2
00:13:33
1.00
13:40
3
00:11:37
1.00
11:40
4
00:03:28
0.31
10:49

1 comment: