Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Shoes!

Ok not for me, I just got running shoes on 12/4, my hubby and I went to Starting Block and had his gait analysis and he ended up with a new pair of Saucony’s.  Because we spent the day shopping it was my day off this week from running.  That means tomorrow should be my long run.  I now have a decision to make, do I head to the treadmill where I can set my pace and have water available, or do I attempt an outside run.  Last week I was able to run over 6 miles on the treadmill.  I was hoping to run an even 7 miles this week, but I realize that running outside is more difficult than it is on the treadmill.

Quote stolen from ‘The Emerging Runner’ blog…
"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."
- John Bingham, Runner and author

I know I am trying to answer that question for myself but I loved this quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment