Sunday, February 20, 2011

35 tough hilly miles

So today hubby and I tried to knock the 1st layer of ‘ick’ off the house and then decided to venture out on the bikes.  My Friday ride was rough so I was a little better prepared today with some cotton balls for my sensitive little princess ears…  So no throbbing ear drums due to the wind.  And let me tell you it was REALLY WINDY!  So ride before last hubby thought I did so well (the 40 mile ride) that he decided that I could handle a little challenge.  He took me down ‘Rally Hill’ road and let me tell you it is appropriately named.  We rode from the base of Gaither, to Valley Springs, across 65 to Rally Hill, back over to 65 at Bellfonte, rode on 65 until we caught some little road that got us off the busy highway.  (oh yea and hubby had a flat and had to change it on the side of why 65).  So then back to Union road and cross hwy 7 to Valley View Church road.
The hills were tough, the wind kicked my butt, and I don’t think I had enough calories for the output.  I did consume about 150 – 200 calories of goo and beans on the ride.
I didn’t write down the stats from the ride and the odometer is in the garage and I am too wiped to go get it…


No comments:

Post a Comment